The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.
"Call of Cthulhu"
"Call of Cthulhu"
Well, I have been unable to post updates per week as I would have liked, but that does not mean I have not been progressing where it counts!
(edit: Fixed this pic so you can click for a larger view)
I'm most of the way through the monsters, with only a couple left to go. I am thinking of switching gears to get some of the investigators out of the way next, as I definitely want them all finished in time.
You can see what I have left here:
I will do a breakdown of my steps in a future post, but here is a quick look at how I prepped the models. I first took an exacto and file to the mold lines, which proved to be a bit more difficult to remove compared to GW plastics. After that, I washed and scrubbed them all to get rid of any remaining demold agents. I decided that the easiest way to keep them upright was to put them on their bases, but I did not want to spray the bases a bunch, so I cut out some wax paper to put between the model and base.
This worked fairly well for the priming, but I would probably skip it next time around. The models don't stay in the base very well, so it can lead to annoyances later on when painting.
This would have helped more if I had followed through with spraying all of the monsters with colored base coats like I originally planned. I ended up forgetting about it, and just handpainted the basecoat on most.
More to follow soon.