Sunday, August 28, 2011

Black Reach Complete!

Work complete! While taking much (100-200 hours?) longer than I originally expected, I really enjoyed the project. I've learned a bit more about my vallejo paint. I struggled with first coat coverage, but I also ended up painting from black and brown basecoats. I will probably go back to some citadel foundations to round out my earlier paint coverage stages on darker models from now on.

I also learned to make a paint chart of all my mixes and washes used. This helped greatly when coming back to work on it after a week, to maintain a uniformity in style. These will get passed on to Rebornflames, to help act as a template towards any new units that might get painted up in the army. I will be doing this with every project from now on.

















2 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think I've ever heard of someone painting up both sides of a black reach box. It seems people either want one side or the other--not both.

    It looks great together: I can't say enough about how good it looks. The flesh on your orks, the terrain pieces, and even the way you've stylized the scene into a classic battle are all great. I'm particularly fond of the third from the last pic (the stereotypical, "two champions meet in the center of the fray" shot).

    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are by far the best painted models I own. I've almost completed the Sisters of Battle army I'm working on for a friend and then I'll start building up the Raven Guard. The Orks have seen a few games now and haven't yet lost a battle since the Warboss began his Waaagh!

    ReplyDelete